Deciding to invest in a hot tub is a pretty wise decision, both for your health and your social life. As you begin browsing through name brands, you’ll want to ask a few questions to help you get the most out of your purchase. One of those inquisitive thoughts is more than likely about the longevity of each brand. Cheaper hot tubs that aren’t well maintained may only last a few years. However, a high-quality, regularly-serviced Marquis® spa could last up to 20 years. While there’s no cut and dry answer for “how long will my Marquis® spa last?” there are a few do’s and don’ts to help you get the most out of your blissfully, bubbly hot tub.
Tips for a Long-Lasting Marquis® Spa
Aside from staying vigilantly on top of your chemical testing and balancing, there are a few additional things you can do to help extend the life of your hot tub.
- Invest in a high-quality, properly fitting cover.
- Keep your temperature consistent. When your hot tub is covered, it’s less taxing on your pumps and heater to keep the temperature consistent rather than have it start the heating process from cold.
- Place your chemicals in a temperature-controlled environment. Extreme temperature fluctuations change the effectiveness of your chemicals, which can send your hot tub to an early grave.
What NOT to Do
Just as there are things to increase the longevity of your spa, there are also a number of things NOT to do.
- Skip seasonal draining. Every 3 to 4 months, you’ll need to drain and refill your hot tub. This may seem like a big task, but it’s essential to the health of your water and your unit.
- Add chemicals NOT spa safe. Pool chemicals and spa chemicals are not the same. It’s also important to notice whether or not your “fun” additives are made for hot tubs. You can find products, such as MicroSilk® that enhance your spa experience without damaging your hot tub.
- Soak in your spa if the water quality is off. Sometimes it’s blatantly obvious your water isn’t quite right, and other times you’ll only notice it on the test strip. Either way, don’t soak in your hot tub until your chemicals are balanced and your water is healthy. Otherwise, you risk damage to your hot tub’s components as they try to filter and correct the issue.
- Have your pet in your spa. Fido is a no go when it comes to extending your spa’s life. Fur clogs up filters, flea shampoos throw off chemical balances, and a host of other problems can all cause your Marquis spa to bite the dust early.
Are you ready to bring home that Marquis spa? Contact Mastercraft Pool & Spa! Our expertly trained pool and spa professionals are ready and waiting to answer all your bubbling questions about our hot tub options. And, once you’ve found the perfect spa, don’t forget to sign up for our chemical delivery service in the Pocatello area. We even have some premium spa accessories available to take your spa experience to the next level. Shop online, or call us at 208-237-6557.