Whether you’re a seasoned athlete or a fitness beginner there’s one thing everyone can agree on. Swim spas have it all! And if you’ve found the perfect Aquatic Training Vessel ™, the only question that remains is where you should put it. If you’re not interested in a cookie-cutter spa setup, consider having your swim spa installed in-ground to create a truly unique workout and relaxation space.
Swim Spa: In-Ground vs Above-Ground
So which is better — an in-ground installation or above-ground? Well, that all depends on your personal preference. The most obvious difference in installation is aesthetics. Although an above-ground swim spa is quick and easy to install, an in-ground swim spa is more likely to flow seamlessly with your landscaping. Either one can easily be made a focal point for a stunning addition to your yard. (Check with your HOA on any installation requirements that may apply.)
Choosing to have a recessed swim spa will require special considerations such as:
- Adequate ventilation
- Access to internal spa equipment
- Possible obstructions (trees, underground plumbing, underground electrical, gas, and telephone lines)
You’ll also want to keep in mind that ATVs have control equipment on both ends. That means your swim spa needs a hole big enough to accommodate access to these parts. Or, you can also recess it into a deck system for under-deck panel access. You’ll need to be able to get to them to perform service and maintenance.
Dos and Don’ts
Here are a few things to remember to make your swim spa installation the best experience possible.
- Do wait until the installation is completely finished before filling your swim spa with water.
- Don’t place objects underneath your vessel to make it level.
- Do wait until your ATV is filled with water and THEN turn on the power.
- Don’t let your empty vessel sit in the direct sunlight. You may experience warping of the shell if surface temperatures reach above 180 degrees.
Whether you choose to install your swim spa in-ground or above-ground, the best thing to do is contact a professional like the experts at Mastercraft Pool & Spa. We’re happy to handle the delivery, installation, and ongoing support you need for an exceptional ownership experience. Our spa experts are unmatched when it comes to creating a beautiful space for exercise, entertainment, and relaxation. Contact us today for the installation that’s right for you. In no time your gorgeous swim spa will be ready, and you’ll be having the time of your life in your brand new backyard retreat!